Sam

transgenicprose


Character musings

...or something like it.


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
[Free for all] Clichés have their charm.
Dorky!Peter is love.
its_game_time wrote in transgenicprose
[You may or may not notice a change around this place, or whatever "place" it is you generally find yourself in. Aside from an abundance of Christmas decorations, treats, and a pretty much endless snowfall outside, in every~ single~ doorway~ now hangs some harmless mistletoe, to get you all in the holiday spirit.

...Or. Maybe not so harmless.

Because if you walk into--or come close enough to get pulled into--one of these doorways? You're not walking back out. Not without a catch. You'll find yourself stuck in this doorway until someone else comes along and gets stuck with you--and the only way to get unstuck?

Three guesses. The first two don't count.

Of course, you could always choose not to give in, if you're honestly that shy anal much of a scrooge; but besides any and all powers having absolutely no effect on the mistletoe, the doorway, or any means of escape, you'll find that the temperature starts to drop rapidly the longer you stand there. If it's normally a nice 70 degrees? Within half an hour, it hits 30.

If you still choose to man up and take that much, though--well. Something will happen; you'll just have to find out what firsthand. For the record, however, we recommend just kissing the other person.

And there is a little mercy in the world: only members of the opposite gender will be stuck together. No having to worry about choosing between pride and survival, at least. Sorry, Sync. No getting stuck with Luke and using it as an excuse to beat him up when he can't get away. |D]

  • 1
[Flynn is...a little confused, to be honest. (...Why is he stuck in this doorway...? Odd, it's like hitting those invisible walls in a video game... B|a) And he's been there a while, so he's starting to feel a bit of a chill. Especially since he's in more casual clothing--his off-duty wear--so he's minus all that armour because his mun is evil and it's more convenient that way B3...which, while heavy, can keep him pretty warm when it needs to.]

[...Oh, dear.

Luckily and because it's more convenient, Chloe's been wary and watchful enough to have seen a couple instances of this with others, so she has the gist of the process--which is why she stops a good twenty feet from his doorway |D;;;]

[But--but he's stuck, and... he's her commandant so she needs to help but how can she help without--AHH WAIT there has to be another--wait--

Easy, Chloe. Game face. One step at a time. Don't jump ahead.]


C-Commandant!

[o rite smooooth]

[He's still thinking, still trying to figure a way out, when he hears her calling + recognises her voice. He looks up, a bit surprised.]

...Lady Chloe?

...YUP, 2/2 (...& lmao FLYNN IS SUCH A DERP |D)

[And since he knows nooooothing about what's going on, and hasn't seen anyone else stuck in similar situations--]

Be careful! I'd stay back if I were you--as silly as it sounds, there's something trapping me here, and nothing I've tried to far has been able to break its hold.


[Said with nothing but 100% pure concern. Because all he knows is that being stuck like this is uncomfortable and inconvenient, so he doesn't want her to be stuck, too. D:]

[And despite the circumstances, she only straightens up at that as she gets over her surprise, nodding attentively.] Sir. This seems to be a widespread phenomenon about the area--you're not the first I've seen caught like this.

I see. [HRMM HRMM, THINKIN DIS OWT don't hurt yourself, Flynn |D.] Do you have any other information regarding this situation? Common factors, ways others have escaped? I can't imagine there isn't some sort of logic or reason behind it all.

[She nods once--after the slightest of pauses] ...It appears to catch two people at once when possible--that seems to be the goal of whoever's responsible.

[...]

[S-Sideways glance before she respectfully returns it back to him]
As for escape--the only common method I've seen is--

[FIDGET] --there may be another way, but... I only know that the two caught together can be freed at once if they--[brief break between words--WHY IS EYE CONTACT SO HARD DX]

--kiss.

Each other.

[COLOR IN HER FACE WHAT COLOR IN HER FACE IT IS JUST THE COLD]

[After a moment of iconfais, Flynn starts to say that there's no one trapped there with him for him to kiss so it's a moot point--then he notices that blush. And when he does...OH, YOU WANT BLUSHING, HERE, HAVE BLUSHING.

...Though of course as always, he misinterprets the meaning behind her blush.]


...Don't worry. I would never ask something like that of you, Lady Chloe.

[Said softly and firmly--it's a reassurance, not at all a rejection.]

If you were trapped, too, that would be a different matter, but as it is...[though his cheeks are still pretty pink, he gives her a confident smile] There must be another way out, and if there is, rest assured that I'll find it.

Edited at 2010-12-02 12:31 am (UTC)

1/? ...WHY DOES THE WORK FILTER LIE AND SAY THAT LINK IS PR0N? D8

[She doesn't take offense in that reassurance, but she frowns all the same because she's still one of his (wo)men and the fact stands that he's caught and she's not so she should be able to DO something--

She takes an emphatic step forward.]
I appreciate your regard, Sir, but there is still no--

[Wait

Oh wait

Ohhhhh waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait

WAIT]

[Why is she

being tugged--and now PULLED--

what what

that half a step she took must have--]

[SHE CAN'T STOP IT

SHE CANNOOOOOOT STOP IT WHY]

[...and hello, Commandant.

|D;;;





.///.]


...I--

...I heard that there are fields around the doorways... that pull you in once you cross them.

[lol NO DUH





.////////.;;;]

....8|;;; I...have no idea, since it is VERY much not. It's...just a blush-y Flynn icon...

[...He can only stare as she's dragged in, though he reflexively reaches out as she's pulled into the doorway with him, catching her shoulders to steady her. And he'd ask if she's all right, but--yeah, she's already giving her report of sorts, and he has to remind himself sternly that, delicate looks aside, she's tough. She's a Knight, too; showing additional concern just because she's a woman would be an insult, and one she certainly doesn't deserve.

So as soon as he's sure she's caught her balance again, he draws his hands back. But...he's thinking this situation over, and he can't help flushing a little even as he gives her another reassuring (and somewhat sheepish now) smile.]


...It's all right, Lady Chloe. If I hadn't been caught in the first place, you probably wouldn't have gotten caught as well. So you're still under no obligation...and I refuse to issue an order like that. It wouldn't be fair for me to ask something like that of you.

[Taking advantage of a subordinate's good faith and trust...he can't--won't--do that. They'll just have to find another way out.

...Though...if the growing cold is part of this, and it ends up placing Chloe in danger in any way...Flynn decides he'll do what he has to, and apologise to her later. :|]

lol I figured; this filter is so fail. B|

[She's gaining some control over her mad blush finally, although it's still glaringly obvious; as for that catch of his, she doesn't take offense in it--although her blush does deepen briefly--and only nods and thanks him before stepping back to give him as much room as possible in the small space... which is obviously not very much.

After he speaks, she's silent--it's not that she... won't, because she would--not that she--wants to--but not that she doesn't want to--not like--but--

--it's just somewhere they don't need to go. B|;;;;]


I-It's not necessary to apologize, Sir, truly. At the rate people are being caught, it was likely only a matter of time until I was trapped, too.

[Eye contact what is that? Looking to the side is so much more interesting.]

...As for--this--I... wouldn't consider it an order. [Under different circumstances, she's not sure what she'd do--depending on the person, most likely--but she finds it a given that Flynn wouldn't order her... but her loyalty to him has nothing to do with the fact that he's still Commandant and shouldn't be restricted to this space when he has Srs Biznis to attend to... but...

AUGH WHY WHAT JERKASS THOUGHT THIS UP. >|

SUBJECT CHANGE, how's that]
How long have you been caught here, Sir?

Even so...

[He can't help but notice the lack of eye contact--this must really be bothering her. :C His desire and determination to get them out of this gracefully gains +30! :|

And oh, a question.

...And hmm, that's a good one, actually...]


Close to half an hour, I'd say.

[And the subject change does quick wonders for her comfort level] And the hold hasn't loosened at all? No changes since then?

[...He doesn't want to complain, but it has gotten pretty cold all of the sudden. And there's no way that's normal, so he needs to tell her.]

No, the hold is just a strong as ever, and the area of confinement hasn't shifted or lessened at all as far as I can tell either. The only change...is the temperature. It was perfectly normal when I was first caught, but now... [In spite of himself, he can't suppress a small shiver.] I'd have to say there's been a considerable drop in temperature.

[She frowns. Surely the alternative isn't something so... cruel as... 8|?]

So it may be an incentive of sorts. ...Or a threat, rather. [And in that case, should the worst case scenario occur... then...

.///.;;;;

NOT THINKING THAT WAY YET, CHLOE DX

She grips one arm in the opposite hand, thoughtful as she looks aside and around.]


...As far as I can tell, this began around late morning or afternoon; there is a chance that someone could come along with another solution.

[...lol voice + wavering distracted!stare says she somehow doubts this will be the case...]

[...Here Chloe, it's your favourite Flynn-smile |3 He reaches out to rest a hand on her shoulder in a comforting, purely Commandant-ly fashion as he gives her a smile.]

We'll find a way out of here. With someone like you here to assist me, I don't see how we can fail.

[...Though...he's already tried all his artes, and with two people in such a confined space, drawing his sword again would be...unwise. Still, he's going to look around some more, maybe inspect the 'edges' of the trapped area...and as he starts to move to do so, dropping his hand from her shoulder, another shiver wracks his unarmoured body; but despite that, his smile hardly wavers.]

[...>8

>8





>8

She can assume he's tried everything in his power here--and considering he's also capable of casting while she's not and likely a more talented swordsman, that means he's most likely done more than she can, so... she also inspects her side of the doorway, pressing against the ~invisible powers~, naturally to no avail.

Even in her attire--which really isn't all that much more than what he's wearing but she has a cape, at least--it's still uncomfortably cold, and she definitely hasn't missed those shivers, and...

... >8]

[So after about a minute of total silence, she suddenly--and a little loudly, because she's forcing a Ttly Srs Official Tone of ThisIsn'tWhatItSoundsLike--speaks up, her poise straightening up professionally that last little bit.]

Sir! [A beat--but she doesn't falter, and even makes eye contact the entire time. She knows he won't ask her to, so... if she goes at it with this angle, at least, it's technically more on her, so even if she's humiliated, that's better than him feeling guilty or out of line, and she knows how goodhearted he is and he won't complain...

...Plus she won't be able to say this normally. Going at it like this is the only way she can do it. 8|]


Given the necessity of our present circumstances, I respectfully request permission to kiss you. [...C-Color .////.]

2/2 a;skdfjhsd THAT WAS THE CUTEST WAY OF ASKING FOR A KISS *EVER* PHASE <33333333

L-Lady Chloe, I--!

[Turning quickly towards her, he starts to protest, of course, because...he knows that she's only doing this for him. She's been so very loyal right from the start, the fact that...there could even be another factor there just doesn't compute. Flynn can only think that she's going to sacrifice her dignity to get them out of there...specifically, to get him out of there, and he doesn't want that...

...But then he pauses, reading the earnestness and determination in the tilt of her chin, her squared shoulders, the carefully-maintained eye contact. And he sees that, regardless of her reasons for it, this is her decision--this is something she wants to do, and with the way she's phrased it...he finds he can't say no. Refusing to let her save them both would be foolish and ungrateful, even edging into outright rejection...of more than one sort. And she certainly doesn't deserve that.

...By now he's blushing again himself, though he smiles slightly, still not breaking their eye contact, his voice noticeably softer than usual.]


...Permission granted.



[.......And just in case she changes her mind at the last minute (though he doubts she will), he'll be letting her take the first step to close the space between them.]

  • 1
?

Log in