Sam

transgenicprose


Character musings

...or something like it.


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
[Free for All] All the cool kids are doing it
Sawyer; IHAVEAQUESTIONSIR
its_game_time wrote in transgenicprose
IC CHARACTER RELATIONSHIP MEME


> Post with your characters
> Others respond In Character with how they feel about them. They're compelled to be honest!
> If they've never met in character, they can make something up!
> COOKIES PROFIT AND COOKIES!

  • 1

CHLOE VALENS (& o yis do we ever ~want~ her...though we are prob'ly too noble to admit it for now)

You're an excellent Knight, and I'm exceedingly grateful to you for stepping into the role of my second of late.

[...Whether Sodia is just absent/away/on leave/wtf-ever or this is something more permanent and she's been reassigned exiled IS DEAD, WHOO~...well, what would you like, Phase? 'B3]

I know it's a lot of work and a pretty thankless job, and you didn't have to accept the position, but even knowing all that, you did anyway. And for that, I'm indebted to you. [Bow/salute thing goes here, followed up with a smile.] Thank you, Lady Chloe.

In addition, you've done well in getting along with the rest of the Knights, and you've earned their respect with your strength of arms and intelligence. Your noble blood does you tribute rather than harm, which I must admit is a welcome thing here.

[...And, well, TOTAL HONESTY RITE, SO--]

And the fact that you're a high-born lady of quality is always readily apparent. You're well-mannered and considerate of others, and even a long mission or difficult training session doesn't diminish your beauty in the least.

[........Well that last bit..might've been a little forward (and unprofessional orz)...but it's the truth and there's no harm in giving a compliment. She is beautiful, after all, and what had happened due to the mistletoe had made him quite aware of that. ...And talking about it with Yuri afterward had perhaps made him aware of certain other things in regards to his feelings concerning the lady-knight... But even so, he meant no disrespect--]

I--I meant no disrespect...!

[Direct eye contact, suddenly very no, though he sort of can't help watching obliquely for her reaction. And colour rising to his cheeks, very yes.

Oh, this is not at all how he would have wanted to go about this...]

[1/?] NO NOTIF FOR THIS ONE, EITHER, WTFH >|

[And while Chloe is really, typically bad at taking compliments, professional praise is another matter entirely; even if she's modest and humble enough to feel a little awkward from it, she's professional enough to keep it to a minimum outwardly, and she takes his comments graciously -- and gratefully -- her small smile polite if not with a little flare of glad color. She's all too happy to know he appreciates her work -- although it's not the being appreciated part that she's grateful for, but simply knowing that what she does honestly makes a difference, especially for a man she respects so much.

And she's about to respond to that first part...]

[...and then that last bit comes out and her face remains politely fixed.

...Until

wait

wait]

[......did he just




did the Commandant just--

...no.]

[4/?] lol SPAZZ-SPAM X'D

[BUT YES HE DID SHE'S NOT CRAZY

HE TOTALLY DID JUST IMPLY THAT SHE WAS ATTRACTIVE

DIDN'T HE?


WAIT LET HER FLASHBA--

YES HE COULDN'T HAVE MEANT IT ANY OTHER WAY, RITE

NO, HE'S HONEST

HE'S AN HONEST GUY

AND.

AHHHH.



Yeaaaaaah, blush ~x100 now.]

[This whole time, her expression is relatively steady -- her blush has just gone much deeper than it ever has in the past, and her smile goes from surprise to some kind of barely-kept straightfais to something thoughtful and then she glances aside and looks back again and yeaaaaaah, it's pretty much embarrassment tangling with an attempt to remain professional here.]

[And then awkwardness takes a small victory in making her look away again.

And she has to clear her throat quietly before replying.]


Ah--thank you--Sir. I'm... glad to know I've been a help to you.

[And taking shelter in professionalism = YES PLZ, so some of that tension -- some of it -- goes away, but she's still not looking directly at him. She's not sure why he threw that comment in -- not that she didn't appreciate it, but it seemed... random, to say the least, and not something he'd say -- at least not like that -- and his reaction afterward was rather...

Well. Telling, somehow.

All the same, some of the Truth Factor is creeping in, which is actually a good thing for now.]
I appreciate your giving me a chance, Commandant, and the effort I've put into my position is the least I could do to repay your kindness. You gave me a chance to do something and make a difference -- something I've always striven to do on my own. I'm very grateful for that.

[...PAUSE.]

A-And there was no disrespect, Sir. [She glances the other way -- but then after a moment slowly looks him in the face again, and there's a softness to her features. Something less soldier and more average woman.]

On the contrary... [The color recedes just a little.] ...Thank you.

[1/3] \o/ AWW YIS COMMENTSPAM <333

[REFUGE IN PROFESSIONALISM, YES, THAT IS GOOD.]

If you didn't already know how much of a help you've been to me lately, then I haven't been forthcoming enough with my thanks. And I may have given you the chance, but making a difference is something you've done on your own through hard work and dedication. My giving you a chance wouldn't have meant anything if you weren't suited to the position.

...And while you still have my apologies for the...unprofessional content of that last comment...I'm relieved that you weren't offended.

[lol TRUTH ATTACK AGAIN X'D Quite possibly triggered by that softness in her face, which...is mirrored in his own a bit now. And his blush isn't going anywhere.]

And I won't retract my statement either.

...Thank you, Sir. That means a lot to me.

[And then EYES DROP in record time because she's... flattered, yes, but nonetheless entirely unsure how to respond to such a compliment.]

[2/4] lmao Chloe is, like. The spam QUEEN here. |D;

[...but DON'T WORRY, MISS VALENS: THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE HANDLE THAT FOR YOU! 8D]

...That goes for that... last comment, as well. Both mean more coming from you than they would from anyone else.


[lol TECHNICALITY SINCE SENEL ISN'T HERE, AMIRITE]

[She makes a sound vaguely reminiscent of a cat getting stepped on, her blush so deep that it looks like she's running a fierce fever.]

I--I didn't mean--

[She can't finish that because she kinda DID mean it that way even if she didn't WANT to and NO LIES UP IN HUR, SRRY]

--ah--I mean--I don't know why I--

[BRB BRAIN KEYBOARD SMASHING]

[1/...3? idk] lol SHY DERPS SPEAK BEST THROUGH ICONSPAM


[2/4] HAH I WILL MATCH YOUR ICONSPAM THIS TIME

[Inner!Flynn is totally pulling an iconfais, and while there might've been a flicker of it outwardly, for the most part it is entirely internal. As is, of course, the whirl of thoughts her words stirs up inside him.

Chief among those is I guess Yuri was right, though it's closely followed by no, she can't have meant that the way it sounded, I'm sure she meant something else, which in turn is trailed by but what else could she have possibly meant? Because...humble and oblivious and/or in denial about girls' attraction to him as Flynn is...this was too blatant even for him to neatly sidestep.

And yet...just because he can't come up with another meaning to what she said doesn't mean that there isn't one. After all, he wouldn't ever want to presume...]

[And then comes her flustered semi-denial, and Flynn's priority becomes reassuring her. Because whatever else he might (or might not) feel towards her, right now she's his second first and foremost, and he takes the responsibility of looking after His People very seriously.

He takes a half-step forward that's really more just a slight shifting of his weight--it's instinct, moving towards a person who needs any kind of comfort or protection--and yet invading her personal space while having this particular conversation...would be horribly inappropriate and possibly intimidating and unwanted and just...no.]


...It's all right, Lady Chloe. You don't have to explain yourself to me in regards to what you just said if it makes you uncomfortable, or if you regret saying it. From what I've seen of this place, it seems that right now we're forced to tell the truth, regardless of how we feel about what we feel.

[He has to pause just a moment to swallow hard and gather this thoughts, because that truth-telling pressure is weighing on him again, and if he's going to say what he really thinks and feels concerning this, damned if he won't say it properly.]

And while I would never seek to presume that you meant anything...serious...by what you said...

...I can't--and won't--deny that hearing you say it made me very happy.



[How she responds to that will tell him (hopefully) how he should proceed here...and whether Yuri was right or not.]

O-Oh--um--

[Her blush really can't go any deeper, but... it doesn't matter at this point. Spaztastic though she can sometimes be, Chloe's really a confident person for the most part, and she can emotionally stand her ground when necessary -- so her blush actually lightens some as she forces herself to maintain eye contact and straightens her posture a little.

Some type of truth spell, then. In that case, there's really no way of avoiding the inevitable short of running away, and she's definitely not doing that.

Flynn's expression makes her smile slightly herself; his words make her blank for a moment as she tries to find a response that isn't spazzing all while wrestling with that impulsive honesty threatening to humiliate her further.]


...I'm... glad. [There's a temptation to look aside, but she resists.] I... meant no offense, either. Sir.

........fffff FLYNN, I THINK YOU ARE THE DERPIEST DERP WHO EVER DERPED

[Her smile, slight though it is, and the solid eye contact coupled with her words...reassure him. A lot, really. And he's never...he doesn't really know how this works, and if Yuri were here he would doubtless be rolling on the ground, helpless with laughter by now, but...she said she's glad. And it has to be the truth, because they can't lie, even just to be polite: she really, truly means it. So...]

...Forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds, but...if you're amenable to the idea, and don't mind the fact that I'm your commanding officer, then...might I respectfully request your company in a--a social rather than professional setting some evening?

[His cheeks are somewhat flushed, but he keeps his smile friendly, and he doesn't look away either. And now he puts up a hand, his expression going somewhat sheepish.]

You don't have to give me an answer right away, and if you're averse to the idea for any reason, please don't force yourself to accept. I assure you that you will lose neither my respect nor my admiration for such a thing, Lady Chloe.

[1/?] OMG LOOK AT ME, TAGGING ALL THE THINGS

[Her answer comes quickly -- almost too quickly, really...]

Oh, no, I really would like to--

[lskdjfslfjsld]

I-I mean--I only meant--

I didn't--

[Blushing so hard right now]

I meant -- I'm not... averse to it, sir, and I would never accept if I didn't honestly... want to, so...

[The only reason she doesn't fall off the wagon there is because the Honesty Thing is keeping her talking.]

...I... would like to. Really.

[1/2] IKR, YOU ARE TAGGING LIKE SOME SORT OF TAGGING *MACHINE* X'D

[...Well, Yuri. Looks like you were actually right about female psychology for once says a derp of equal measure, lmao.]

[................Okay SO. She said YES...er...now what...maybe thank her...? And then...]


...Thank you, Lady Chloe. I'm truly honoured that you'd even consider my request seriously. Commandant or not, I am just a commoner, after all. I wouldn't want to make trouble for you.

[All right now, come on, COMMON SENSE, GET. They have to MEET UP for this to work, so he should try to set a place and time.]

Would you be available some afternoon or evening this week?

  • 1
?

Log in